Friday, April 30, 2010

day one hundred nineteen

touching and turning.
4.29.2010

sometimes you just have to touch. sometimes you're uncertain and you resist the temptation and other times you just take a breath like any other and your fingers reach for the surface. your touchstone is marked and you are changed. the sensation rests on your skin long after you've moved your hand away, sometimes years later. there are moments that my son and i touch something using each of our hands, and i believe the thread stretches between my child-hands in the 80's until now...with my son holding the string today. touching this corn snake took me back to the time when i held a boa constrictor belly...to the time i found the king snake in the yard and touched its skin... what thread will my son one day hold remembering this touch? my mind turns from this moment to the past and to the not-so-distant future. yet, i want to touch this moment. this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment